TIRED? IT IS OK!



You would think by now I would have accepted being tired as a normal way of life.  We all get tired this is very normal.  But you know something about being tired catches me off guard every time.  It seems I should be able to go on and do what I want and have to do do at all times but I can't.  And when I can't do anything else because I am  tired I become irritated by it.

The worst state to be in with PTSD is exhausted even PTSD tires you down just fighting it off on a daily basis.  What is behind the irritation of being exhausted?  The feeling of not having control of our time and life.  The reality we do not call the shots resonates through our being reminding us of  death.  Even in our worst tired state, we still have to gear up and keep it moving.

I remember when my son diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder was having a moment; he was so exhausted beyond tired.  At the time, I assumed he was physically tired but he was tired of the inner war with himself and PTSD.  I got that.  It is a private battle we fight as we keep normalcy to the full front of our lives.

Tired is so many red flags but it is also a sign you gave your all.  Don't take it as a down spiral.   Thank God you can rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog