Thank You

How often have we been told to give thanks in all things? Quite often I am sure especially when we are struggling and going through difficult times. Recently, I have come to learn the solid significance of these words. But, it was not until I had risen out of my own suffering.

Ephesians 5:20 tells us to give thanks for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. This scripture saves us every time we find ourselves and our loved ones in unexplained situations of struggle and pain. The last time I attempted to say thank you for my struggle I found myself hypocritical because my saying thank you was not genuine. I was not thankful for taking on another struggle. I was tired of being on the battle field. I wanted out of the vicious cycle of surviving in a world so filled with tribulations. But God reminded me of something. I was here because he wanted me here. My suffering was not in vain. 

He reminded me of how excited I was when I survived my last undesired experience where I had obtained such great wisdom and understanding. I had to smile as my memory came back to me. I remembered the leaping of my spirit as I received insight and a deeper level of understanding of God’s love.

In my last survival of a painful struggle, I was taken to Ephesians 5:20. I was asked to read it and upon reading it, I was to obey its message. I read the scripture quickly and began thanking God for all things. In fact, I went into song and praise. Exhausted, I sat down and a voice told me I was not obedient. I had said and song thank you but I had yet given thanks for all things.

From that day forward, though I do say and sing thanks unto God, I give thanks each day of my life. I learned to give of my self in the mist of tribulation. I can call someone and tell them I love them or call and encourage someone who is having a difficult time in their life. I learned each awakening day of my life no matter what I am experiencing to give to others and life at all times my best good. The key is to continuously move away from self. In it, healing begins.

When I am giving, I am taking my mind off my self and being available for God’s spirit to freely bless others through me. At the end of the day, before I close my eyes, I genuinely say thank you to God with a pure heart. Giving thanks is being Christ like at all times no matter what is going on in your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog