Single Mom Raising Sons
+ When I look at my life today, I am thankful for having two wonderful sons who have grown up to be two spiritual and strong young men. I have to be honest and admit I find it quite amazing how God blessed our journey for the outcome brings me to tears. I was widowed at the age of twenty-seven. Their father was stripped from our lives suddenly due to a car accident. The last words he shared with me was how proud he was of the mother I was to his children. It was these last words I carried deep into my heart. Because of those words, I was determined to keep him proud of me even in his grave. My sons had male figures in their lives, uncles, cousins, grandfathers and teachers. Not one grandfather or none of the above accept a teacher added something positive in their lives. It was a teacher and this teacher is still blessing their lives today. He is not a black man, a coach who came into their lives early during their middle school years and he never left their side. Somehow we...
Comments
Post a Comment